In order to hang a canvas painting or print on a wall it first needs to be stretched and fixed onto a stretcher. We stretch:
- canvas paintings,
- canvas prints,
- blank canvases for painting.
Glue-laminated wood stretchers
We use only high-quality glue-laminated pinewood stretchers to minimise the risk of warping due to drying over time. Canvas is a material prone to stretching and shrinking due to changes in temperature and moisture, which is why the corners of the stretcher frame are fitted with wedges that can be used for additional tensioning, if necessary.
Canvases are stretched on an up to 2 cm thick wedge frame, which we have in stock in the following lengths:
- 15–100 cm – lengths available in increments of 1 cm
- 100–160 cm – lengths available in increments of 5 cm
- 160–200 cm – lengths available in increments of 10 cm
- Support bars 30–150 cm – available in increments of 5 cm
- Support bars 150–200 cm – available in increments of 10 cm
Custom-order stretcher frames can be made to one decimal place and with a length of up to 5 metres. For additional information or to request a quote, please send us a message.
Canvas on stretcher
We can make canvases on stretchers according to your size specifications. Available canvases:
- 100% linen primed canvas
- 100% linen unprimed canvas